1. Nursing Paper
The first step of the EBP process is to develop a question from the nursing practice problem of interest.
Select a practice problem of interest to use as the focus of your research.
Start with the patient and identify the clinical problems or issues that arise from clinical care.
Following the PICOT format, write a PICOT statement in your selected practice problem area of interest, which is applicable to your proposed capstone project.
Conduct a literature search to locate research articles focused on your selected practice problem of interest. This literature search should include both quantitative and qualitative peer-reviewed research articles to support your practice problem.
The PICOT statement will provide a framework for your capstone project (the project students must complete during their final course in the RN-BSN program of study).
Select six peer-reviewed research articles which will be utilized through the next 5 weeks as reference sources. Be sure that some of the articles use qualitative research and that some use quantitative research. Create a reference list in which the six articles are listed. Beneath each reference include the article’s abstract. The completed assignment should have a title page and a reference list with abstracts.
Suggestions for locating qualitative and quantitative research articles from credible sources:
- Use a library database such as CINAHL Complete for your search.
- Using the advanced search page check the box beside “Research Article” in the “Limit Your Results” section.
- When setting up the search you can type your topic in the top box, then add quantitative or qualitative as a search term in one of the lower boxes. Research articles often are described as qualitative or quantitative.
To narrow/broaden your search, remove the words qualitative and quantitative and include words that narrow or broaden your main topic. For example: Diabetes and pediatric and dialysis. To determine what research design was used, review the abstract and the methods section of the article. The author will provide a description of data collection using qualitative or quantitative methods.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
2. CMIS 320 project
In this assignment you will perform the physical design and implementation using SQL Data Definition Language (DDL) and proceed with populating the Mom and Pop Johnson Video Store database via Data Manipulation Language (DML) SQL commands.
For each of the steps below you may create a separate SQL script file and SPOOL file or you may want to put the SPOOL output for several steps, from the same SQL script file, in the same file. Be sure your SPOOL file(s) contains your SQL statements along with the Oracle responses and/or displayed results. Do NOT submit your SQL script files. Only submit your output SPOOL files.
1) Create Oracle database tables using SQL Data Definition Language (DDL) for each table listed in the metadata of Project 2. You may need to use a combination of DROP TABLE, CREATE TABLE, and ALTER TABLE SQL statements. Make sure that entity and referential integrity are enforced by declaring a primary key for each table (these may be composite keys) and declaring all appropriate foreign keys. Your CREATE TABLE and ALTER TABLE statements (if desired) must show integrity constraints, as appropriate, for NOT NULL, UNIQUE, PRIMARY KEY, FOREIGN KEY, REFERENCES, and CHECK constraints. Be sure to save your SQL script file used to create these tables with a .sql extension and your output SPOOL file with a .lst or .txt extension. You should rerun and test your SQL script file until it runs without any errors (this is why you’ll want to include DROP TABLE statements). Submit your SPOOL file showing that all SQL in your SQL script file worked properly.
2) Populate each of your tables with at least five valid rows of data each and show the SQL INSERT statements as you executed them. Populate other tables in your database, as necessary, to satisfy referential integrity. Save your SQL script file and SPOOL file with the correct extensions. You should test and rerun your SQL script file until it runs without any errors. Submit your SPOOL file showing that all SQL in your SQL script file worked properly.
3) Develop an SQL script file to perform the following queries and updates. You should test your SQL script file until it runs without any errors.
- Retrieve all of your customers’ names, account numbers, and addresses (street and zip code only), sorted by account number.
- Retrieve all of the videos rented in the last 30 days and sort in chronological rental date order.
- Produce a list of your distributors and all their information sorted in order by company name.
- Update a customer name to change their maiden name to a married name. You can choose which row to update. Make sure that you use the primary key column in your WHERE clause to affect only a specific row. You may want to include a ROLLBACK statement to undo your data update.
- Delete a customer from the database. You can choose which row to delete. Make sure that you use the primary key column in your WHERE clause to affect only a specific row. You may want to include a ROLLBACK statement to undo your data deletion.
Submit your SPOOL file(s) showing that all SQL in your SQL script file worked properly. Show the actual SQL statements executed and the results the SQL produced below the code by making sure that you have a SET ECHO STATEMENT in your SQL script file(s).
3. Liberty HIEU 201 History of Western Civilization Evaluative Essay 1 & 2 Thesis Statement
Evaluative Essay Instructions
- To evaluate an historical theme using assigned sources for support.
- To compose a properly formatted, scholarly paper, using the most recent edition of Turabian, Notes-Bibliography.
For this assignment, students will choose 1 historical theme from the list below to research throughout the course:
Students will write 2 analytical essays on their chosen theme, using the primary sources and topic prompts within the additional documents.
In Week 3, students will submit a thesis statement for Evaluative Essay 1 to the instructor for review. This pre-submission of the thesis statement will not be required for Evaluative Essay 2.
Evaluative Essay 1 will cover the period from 3000 BC through AD 476. It is due in Week 4.
Evaluative Essay 2 will cover the period from 476-1640. It is due in Week 7.
The evaluative essay will consider assigned sources on the chosen theme, and evaluate those sources using the topic prompt provided in the additional documents for this assignment.
Format, Length and Organization:
- Length: 750-1100 words (roughly 3-4pages, double spaced – not counting footnotes)
- Double spaced text, Times New Roman, size 12 font, standard margins and indentation (see Turabian: Notes-Bibliography)
- The paper should have a title page, body, and bibliography page
- Using Turabian Notes-Bibliography style, format footnotes for the paper.
- Basic Organization (except literature topic, given in
literature document): The paper will consist of an introduction, body and
- Introduction should be one paragraph and should introduce the main argument, ending with a strong thesis statement. The thesis statement is the ONE SENTENCE argument.
- Body of the paper is a few paragraphs (3-4) developing and supporting the argument, showing comparison and contrast of the assigned documents, as well as further analysis and Biblical evaluation. The body of the paper should provide specific examples and details from the assigned sources.
- Conclusion is the final paragraph, restating the argument and summarizing the main points of the paper, drawing conclusions for the reader. No new information.
- The textbook and lectures can be used for basic background information, but the majority of supporting details should be drawn from the assigned sources within each topic document.
- For Biblical analysis, you can use your own Bible, or one of the following websites for finding and using Scripture verses. Please note that you need to use a standard translation (such as KJV or ESV) and not a paraphrase Bible (such as the Message).
Srong’s Exhaustive Concordance https://books.google.com/books?id=3TBGAQAAMAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=strong%27s+exhaustive+concordance+of+the+bible&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwifx7zyxZHXAhXFPCYKHQwRBc0Q6AEIKDAA#v=onepage&q&f=false
Source Citation Examples:
Note that no citation is needed for common knowledge information, but specific examples, details, or arguments drawn from the assigned sources DO need proper source citation.
Martin Luther nailed the 95 Theses to the door of the Wittenburg Church in 1517. (common knowledge, no specific citation needed)
The Hebrew Old Testament is considered to be a book of folklore, myths and stories that is useful for some understanding of Hebrew history, but not always reliable as an historical source since it was written by religious devotees rather than historians. – citation needed because this expresses a specific view or argument.
**If you are unsure of whether or not a citation is needed, it is better to include the citation than to leave it out. You can also contact your instructor for assistance.
4. Management Book Reactions:
Students will find two to three compelling items within the book and tie it back into what has been learned in the course. The book reactions should be a minimum of 2 pages (writing should run onto page three) double spaced with 1” margins and 12-point font. Feel free to agree or disagree with what was presented in the books, but make sure to support your argument with information. Long headers at the beginning of the submission will NOT count towards your page length.
5. I need an essay to be written over the specified case study. I have attached the case study along with the directions.
Write a two- to three-page essay. Double spaced, 12-pt font. Identify and discuss 5 nutrition related problems or potential nutrition problems in the Davis family. Offer recommendations for dealing with the nutrition issue in the context of the current crisis situation. Use your text book, the PPT lectures, previous case studies and assignments, reliable websites, and your own critical thinking skills. No references required.
6. Your Smallville client has asked you to gather details to meet IT audit requirements to determine whether IT services meet the organization’s objectives. Prepare a report for your Smallville client on IT audit objectives, risk assessment, and what help you may need from them to complete this task. Review the Gail Industries Case Study.
Write a 3- to 4-page report or create a 12- to 16-slide media-rich presentation with speaker notes in which you: Describe the reasons it is important to conduct periodic reviews of information systems to determine whether they continue to meet the organization’s objectives. Discuss the importance of the organization’s policies and practices as they relate to information systems and IT infrastructure. Identify strategic and operational objectives for planning for the audit. Evaluate different risk assessments techniques and monitoring tools to consider during an audit process. Note: You are preparing for a systems audit, not a financial audit. Frame your analysis around the systems, not the accounting or finance aspects directly. Format citations according to APA guidelines.
7. 10 page Term Paper Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Impact on Climate Change
Details of the Paper: Prepare a 10-15 page paper in Microsoft Word (counts as 15% of the final grade) in APA format (see writing expectations in the Policies section) (350 words per page). At a minimum include the following: References (minimum of 10) You may use resources from the APUS Online Library, any library, government library, or any peer-reviewed reference (Wikipedia and any other publicly-reviewed source is not accepted). The paper must by at least 10 pages double-spaced, 1″ margin all around, black 12 point fonts (Times New Roman or Arial) with correct citations of all utilized references/sources, (pictures, graphics, etc are extra – allowed but extra for the minimum page count). The title page and references are also required but don’t count in the minimum page count. A minimum of 10 references are needed. The paper will be subjected to checking against plagiarism. The paper must follow acceptable originality criteria (no more than 15% max total, and 2% per individual source match are allowed). Save the file using the following file naming convention: ITMG481_Project_First_Last.doc(x) (where first and last are your first and last names resp.) and submit the file in this assignment area. Turnitin.com has been enabled for this assignment so remember that your submission’s file type must be either doc or docx Outline and Topic are attached. Paper needs to follow the outline provided as well as include the references already provided.
8. Service and Contracts
- Analyze how physicians and hospitals have negotiated service contracts with third party payers.
- Discuss how fee for service versus managed care models of reimbursement have contributed risk avoidance in their contract negotiations.
- Recommend future strategies for physicians and hospitals to effectively negotiate service delivery contracts. Base the recommendation on your research and readings.
The paper must be formatted as follows:
- 3–5 pages of text, double spaced.
- A minimum of 6–8 outside references required.
- Citations must appear within the body of your paper to correspond with the references listed at the end of the paper (i.e., if the resource is included in your Reference List, the resource must be cited in your paper).
- Use Times New Roman 12-point font.
9. Success Factors in Virtual Collaboration
Write a 7–10 page analysis of how the practices of your own organization (or another organization with which you are familiar) influence the success of its virtual teams.
You will benefit from taking a close look at how your own organization fares in terms of addressing critical success factors for virtual teams, as well as from building an understanding of the skills needed to participate successfully in virtual team collaboration.
In their seminal work, Mastering Virtual Teams (2011), Duarte and Snyder identify seven critical success factors in virtual team collaboration:
1. Human resource policies.
2. Training and development.
3. Standard organizational processes.
4. Communication and collaboration technology.
5. Organizational culture.
7. Competence (p. 10).
Note: You should be able to find a number of resources that address these critical success factors through your research for this assessment.
To prepare for this assessment, research the seven critical success factors in virtual team collaboration. Consider your own real-world experiences with these factors in the workplace.
This assessment incorporates multiple elements. Be sure to thoroughly address each before submitting the assessment.
Use the seven critical success factors to analyze how the practices of your own organization (or another organization with which you are familiar) influence the success of its virtual teams. Base your analysis on your own experience of being a member of a virtual team within the organization.
Note: If you have not participated in a virtual team, base your analysis on a hypothetical virtual team experience, using what you know of your organization’s practices.
In developing this case, it is helpful to assume that you have been tasked by executive management to conduct an audit of your organization’s ability to support virtual team collaboration. Your audit will include a detailed report in each of the seven critical success factors. Go beyond a description of the “as-is” state for each of these factors in your audit to evaluate and analyze each of the factors to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats that the current state presents to the organization in terms of its ability to support virtual team collaboration.
Remember that the executive management of your company is not interested in a report about the criteria themselves—they are not interested in reading about human resource policies in the abstract, for example—but about how the organization measures up to the criteria. Use the success factors to analyze the organization—do not fall into the trap of writing about the criteria. Use the criteria to describe, analyze, and evaluate the organization.
Explain how organizational practices influenced (or might influence) the virtual team’s performance. Address all of the following:
Human resource policies: Do the
organization’s career development resources address the needs of virtual team
members? Does the organizational reward system recognize the efforts and
successes of those who work virtually? Are rewards given only for results, or
are they also given for effort? Does the organization actively support work
arrangements such as telecommuting?
Training and development: Is there access to technical training for virtual team members? Is there access to training in the area of working across cultures? Is there a program of ongoing training as needed? Is there a system for sharing what has been learned, such as a database?
Standard organizational processes: Are there standard technical processes used throughout the organization (with regard to virtual teams)? Are there standard soft processes used throughout the organization? Does the organization support the ability to adapt processes when necessary? Does the organizational culture support shared ways of doing business across teams?
Communication and collaboration technology: Are there consistent standards for electronic communication and collaboration tools across the organization? Does the organization possess or provide enough resources to purchase and support state-of-the-art electronic communication and collaboration technology? Do all employees (across departments and geographic location) have equal access to electronic communication and collaboration technology?
Organizational culture: Is there trust between the organization, its partners, and other external stakeholders? Are teamwork and collaboration standard practices? Are people from different cultures valued?
Leadership: Do leaders allocate enough resources for the training and technology needed by virtual teams? What level of expectation do leaders set for virtual team performance? Do leaders model exemplary behavior by working across boundaries and using technology effectively?
Competence: Are team leaders experienced with working in virtual environments? Are team members experienced with working in virtual team environments? Are team leaders experienced in working across both organizational and cultural boundaries? Are team members experienced in working across both organizational and cultural boundaries?
Support your analyses with real examples, as well as evidence from your research and readings.
Ensure written communication is free
of errors that detract from the overall message and quality.
Your report should be 7–10 content pages, in addition to a title page and references page.
Use 12-point, Times New Roman.
Use at least three scholarly resources.
Follow APA rules for attributing sources that support your analysis and conclusions. As a reminder related to using APA rules to ensure academic honesty:
When using a direct quote (using exact or nearly exact wording), you must enclose the quoted wording in quotation marks, immediately followed by an in-text citation. The source must then be listed in your references page.
When paraphrasing (using your own words to describe a nonoriginal idea), the paraphrased idea must be immediately followed by an in-text citation and the source must be listed in your references page.
The following optional resources are provided to support you in completing the assessment or to provide a helpful context.
Purvanova, R. K. (2014). Face-to-face versus virtual teams: What have we really learned? The Psychologist-Manager Journal, 17(1), 2–29.
10. 9-4 Assignment: DMADV for New Housing at the University of Miami
Read the case study about using the DMADV approach for designing new housing at the
University of Miami. Write a paper of two to four pages detailing the
DMADV steps for designing a new product/process at your firm. Your approach to
designing the new product/process at your firm should be similar to that in
this case study. Cite your sources in the APA format.
For additional details, please refer to the Short Paper and Case Study Rubric document.
9-5 Course Project: Submit for Grading
For additional details, please refer to the Course Project Guidelines and Rubric document
11. Physics Word Problem
A man is 2,000 m from the base of a tower and is launching a rocket in the direction of the same tower. When the rocket takes off the change in the angle between the flight path and the land is represented by Φ(t) according to time. Knowing that Φ'(t) = Π/3, determine:
1. The height of the rocket when Φ = Π/3 radians.
Please explain how you arrived at your answer.
12. Which formula should be used to determine the total cost?
The wedding photographer for the Smith/Jones wedding charges $1,000 for her preparation and first 60 prints. The cost is $2.00 per photo for photos beyond the first 60. Which formula should be used to determine the total cost, C, as a function of the number of photos, p, that are purchased, assuming at least 60 are purchased?
a. C = 1000 p + 2
b. C = 1000(2p – 60)
c. C = 1000 + 2(p – 60)
Please explain your answer.
13. Philip and Claire are married and file a joint
Individual Tax Return Problem 4
Use the following information to complete Phillip and Claire Dunphy’s 2017 federal income tax return. If any information is missing, use reasonable assumptions to fill in the gaps. Ignore the alternative minimum tax for this problem.
Any required forms, schedules, and instructions can be found at the IRS website (www.irs.gov). The instructions can be helpful in completing the forms.
Phillip and Claire are married and file a joint return. Phillip is self-employed as a real estate agent, and Claire is a flight attendant. Phillip and Claire have three dependent children. All three children live at home with Phillip and Claire for the entire year.
The Dunphys provide you with the following additional information:
The Dunphys do not want to contribute to the presidential election campaign.
The Dunphys live at 3701 Brighton Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90018.
Phillip’s birthday is 11/5/1971 and his Social Security number is 321-XX-5766.
Claire’s birthday is 5/12/1974 and her Social Security number is 567-XX-1258.
Haley’s birthday is 11/6/2005 and her Social Security number is 621-XX-7592.
Alex’s birthday is 2/1/2007 and her Social Security number is 621-XX-8751.
Luke’s birthday is 12/12/2011 and his Social Security number is 621-XX-9926.
The Dunphys do not have any foreign bank accounts or trusts.
Claire is a flight attendant for Western American Airlines (WAA), where she earned $57,000 in salary. WAA withheld federal income tax of $6,375, state income tax of $1,800, Los Angeles city income tax of $675, Social Security tax of $3,600, and Medicare tax of $825.
Phillip and Claire received $300 of interest from State Savings Bank on a joint account. They also received a qualified dividend of $395 on jointly owned stock in Xila Corporation.
Phillip’s full-time real estate business is named “Phillip Dunphy Realty.” His business is located at 645 Grove Street, Los Angeles, California 90018, and his employer identification number is 93-3488888. Phillip’s gross receipts during the year were $730,000. Phillip uses the cash method of accounting for his business. Phillip’s business expenses are as follows:
Advertising $ 5,000
Professional dues 800
Professional journals 200
Employee wages 48,000
Insurance on office contents 1,120
Accounting services 2,100
Miscellaneous office expense 500
Utilities and telephone 3,360
Payroll taxes 3,600
Depreciation To be calculated
On March 20, Phillip moved his business out of the old offices at 1103 Allium Lane into a newly constructed and equipped office on Grove Street. Phillip sold the old office building and all its furnishings. Phillip’s expenditures for the new office building are as follows:
Date Acquired Asset Cost
3/20 Land $ 300,000
3/20 Office building 2,500,000
3/20 Furniture 200,000
4/1 Computer system 350,000
6/1 Artwork 150,000
Phillip computes his cost recovery allowance using MACRS. He would like to use the §179 immediate expensing, but he has elected to not claim any bonus depreciation. Phillip has never claimed §179 or bonus depreciation before. The assets Phillip sold on March 20 are as follows:
Date Acquired Asset Sales Price Original Cost Accumulated Depreciation as of Beginning of the Year
5/1/11 Office building $940,000 $900,000 $129,825
5/1/11 Land 200,000 100,000 0
7/1/11 Furniture 50,000 239,000 206,998
8/13/13 Furniture 10,000 324,000 222,782
 Marvin Perry, et.al., Western Civilization Vol. 1, MindTap edition, 2-1c. (Note that this is short-form)
Phillip has never sold any assets relating to his business before this transaction.
The Dunphys sold 60 shares of Fizbo Corporation common stock on September 3 for $65 a share (minus a $50 total commission). The Dunphys purchased the stock on November 8, 2016, for $90 a share. They also sold a painting for $13,000 on March 1. Claire purchased the painting for $20,050 on September 1, 2010, as an investment.
The Dunphys filed their 2016 federal, state, and local returns on April 13, 2017. They paid the following additional 2016 taxes with their returns: federal income taxes of $630, state income taxes of $250, and city income taxes of $75.
The Dunphys made timely estimated federal income tax payments of $17,000 each quarter during 2017. They also made estimated state income tax payments of $1,000 each quarter and estimated city income tax payments of $300 each quarter. The Dunphys made all fourth-quarter payments on December 31, 2017. They would like to receive a refund for any overpayments.
Phillip and Claire have qualifying insurance for purposes of the Affordable Care Act (ACA).\
14. Facilities Management
As the manager of a resort hotel with 500 guest roomsyou are concerned with your monthly water and sewage bill. The water company uses the graduated billing schedule listed below. Your operation is currently using 2,500,000 gallons of water per month. It is time to replace your 3.6 gallon per flush toilets and you initially decided to install 1.8 gallons per flush high efficiency toilets. The toilet salesperson is recommending that you install anultra-high efficiency model that used 0.9 gallons per flush. The ultra-high efficiency toilets will cost you $250more than the high efficiency toilets per toilet, installed. Based on information your chief engineer found, you estimate that on average every toilet in an occupied room is flushed 10 times per day. Your average annual occupancy rate is 91.0747%.Assume 30.5 days per month when calculating your monthly water savings. Based on the information above and the rate scale below,your ultimate goal is to determine if it is more cost effective to install the ultra-high efficiency toilets?
Water rates: monthly charge of $150.00 per month plus usage charge base on the rates listed below.
Amount of water used Rate per 1000 gallons
First 100,000 gallons $6.00
Next 500,000 gallons $5.00
Next 1,000,000 gallons $4.00
Anything over 1,600,000 gallons $2.00
Sewage rates: monthly charge of $200.00 per month plus usage charge based on the total water used.
Amount of sewage produced = Total water used minus deduct meter
Rate per 1000 gallons is $10.00
Deduct meter shows a monthly average of 125,000 gallons
Water and sewage rates are expected to rise at the same rate,2.0202% per month. The owners of the operation expect a monthly rate of return on their investment of at least 1.0%. Assume that the toilets will last for 30 years. Assume that you will take out a loan for the toilets. You must pay 10% down make payments at the end of each month until the remainder has been paid off, 72 month. The nominal annual interest rate for the loan is 3.99%. The equation for converting a nominal annual rate to a monthly rate is:
imonthly = (1 + iannual)(1/12) -1
The equation to calculate the monthly payment is:
Monthly loan payment = (total cost – down payment) * (imonthly * (1 + imonthly)n) / ((1 + imonthly)n -1)
The equation for the effective monthly interest rate is:
ieffective = ((1 + inominal) / (1 + Inflation)) – 1
The present value equations are:
PV = FV * (1 + i)-n
PV = A * (((1 + ieffective)n – 1) / (ieffective * (1 + ieffective)n))
Give the above information answer the following questions. You must show ALL your work to receive credit.
1. How much will your water usage drop each month (to the nearest gallon) if you install the ultra-high efficiency toilets compared to the high efficiency toilets?
(type your answer here)
2. If your water usage is for the entire facility is projected to be 2,250,000 gallons if the high efficiency toilets are installed, how much water will be used each month by your entire facility if you install the ultra-high efficiency toilets?
(type your answer here)
3. If you install the ultra-high efficiency toilets, what will be your average monthly water and sewage bill (to the nearest dollar) for the entire facility?
Water portion of the bill
(Type stating amount here)
100,000 x 6.00/1,000 =
(Type stating amount – 100,000 here)
500,000 x 5.00/1,000 =
(Type stating amount – 600,000 here)
1,000,000 x 4.00/1,000 =
(Type stating amount – 1,600,000 here)
(Type stating amount – 1,600,000 here) x 2.00/1,000 =
Total water bill =
Sewage bill =
Total water and sewage bill =
4. What is the projected savings on your water and sewage bill (to the nearest dollar) for the entire facilityin present value if you install the ultra-high efficiency toilets instead of the high efficiency toilets? The projected monthly water and sewage bill if you add the high efficiency toilets will be $30,000. Make sure you calculate all interest rates to 4 significant digits, and write all percentages as decimals.
Equation (variables only): PV =
5. How much more will it cost to install the ultra-high efficiency toilets compared to installing the high efficiency toilets in present value will it cost (to the nearest dollar) for the new toilets, installed? Make sure you calculate all interest rates to 4 significant digits, and write all percentages as decimals.
a. What will be increase in total price for all the toilets installed if you install the ultra-high efficiency toilets compared to installing the high efficiency toilets (to the nearest dollar)?
(type your answer here)
b. How much more will the down payment be on the loan if you install the ultra-high efficiency toilets compared to installing the high efficiency toilets (to the nearest dollar)?
(type your answer here)
c. How much more will your monthly loan payment (to the nearest dollar) be if you install the ultra-high efficiency toilets compared to installing the high efficiency toilets?
(type your answer here)
d. How much will the total cost (to the nearest dollar) in present value for the toilets installed increase if you install the ultra-high efficiency toilets compared to installing the high efficiency toilets?
Equation (variables only): PV =
6. What will be your net savings if you install the ultra-high efficiency toilets compared to installing the high efficiency toilets?
(type your answer here)
7. Should you install the high efficiency or ultra-high efficiency toilets?
(type your answer here)
15. Political Science and Policy response
Assume that you are a Senator within your home state in which determinate sentencing is currently being practiced; however, you have introduced a bill to switch to indeterminate sentencing. What are some of the strengths of indeterminate sentencing that you could use to persuade your fellow senators?
16. Globalization in the role of Mass Media in Healthcare and Higher Education
Students will write a paper analyzing the issues of the Globalization in the role of Mass Media in Healthcare and Higher Education. This paper should be 2000-2500 words. It should examine relevant professional issues and real-life dilemmas encountered by members of the topic. The paper should cite at least seven (7) current sources.
Time New Roman
12 pt, Double Spaced
17. BUILDING AN ETHICS-BASED WORKPLACE CULTURE
Ethics Program Implementation
As you can see by your reading, a lot of energy goes into the implementation of an organizational ethics program. And Lockheed Martin has clearly allotted considerable resources to assuring their program is successful. In this assignment we’ll be focusing on what the company did to ensure the implementation of a successful program that was flexible enough to accommodate the changing needs of the organization.
Please address the following questions:
On p. 83 Terris discusses the company’s ethics code. Why is the code considered important to the company’s ethics program?
Discuss the importance of ethics training and employee involvement. What are some of the things Lockheed does to make the training process interesting and worthwhile?
How does Lockheed measure success with respect to ethics in the workplace?
What are some of the things Lockheed does at the operational level to make their ethics program work?
Write a 4- to 5-page paper, not including title page or references page addressing the issue and upload it by the end of this module.
Your paper should be double-spaced and in 12-point type size.
Your paper should have a separate cover page and a separate reference page. Make sure you cite your sources.
Use APA style, and proofread your paper.
Upload your paper by the end of the module.
18. BUS ADM 600
The analysis of strategy in the case of Wal-mart 2005.
Please summarize its company strategies with supporting activities at the corporate, business, andfunctional level.
Please state how the corporate level of strategy is connected to the business level.
Stakeholder Theory of the Firm: Theory and Application
Describe the stakeholder theory for a RTE breakfast cereal firm. Who are the major external stakeholders? Who are the major internal stakeholders?
Imagine you are the CEO of a ready-to-eat breakfast cereal company such as General Mills. Recent research has linked diabetes to an artificial sweetener that your company has been using for the last decade. Please discuss the likely preference of each stakeholder group. Discuss how you will go about deciding whether to continue with the same artificial sweetener or to seek alternative yet more costly replacements.
External Analysis: Please describe Porter’s 5-Forces Model in the following order: Power of Suppliers, Power of Buyers, Substitutes, Barriers to Entry, and Price Rivalry from the perspective of Coke and Pepsi concentrate producers.
(25 points, 5 points for each force)
For each force be sure to indicate if the power is HIGH, MODERATE or LOW.
Please be sure to defend your assessment of each force with evidence.
Internal Analysis: please list what resources and capabilities qualify as VRIO for the case of Wal-mart 2005? (20 points)
Please first describe the question of value, rarity, imitability, and organization.
Please list the resources and capabilities that you identify from Wal-mart under each of the question of VRIO model.
Internal Analysis: Please provide a Value-Chain analysis for the company of Coca-Cola.
Please list the primary activities in value chain for a soft drink company such as Coco-Cola.
Please indicate whether those primary activities were conducted internally or outsourced. If outsourced (at certain times or in certain regions), please state the rationale behind such decision.
BONUS QUESTION: Competitive Advantages – Value Chain and Economic Value Creation (10 points)
For Milwaukee Cheese Company, below are the breakdowns for its cheese production:
• Product priced at $20/pound
• Raw materials cost $10/pound
• Manufacturing cost $1/pound
• Packaging cost $1/pound
• Distribution cost $1/pound
• Sales and Marketing cost $1/pound
• Overhead allocation $1/pound
• Production facility rent $3/pound
• Employee pay $2/pound
Given the information above, please calculate Milwaukee Cheese Company’s Economic Value Creation. Please provide all of your work below in calculation.
19. Outline the cybersecurity issues and vulnerabilities of the petrochemical industry
1. Outline the Cybersecurity issues and vulnerabilities of the petrochemical industry. Include in your answer specific actions required to improve the security profile of this industry.
2. Using Clarke’s assessment from chapter six of Cyber War: The Next Threats to National Security and What to Do About It, describe America’s potential best scenario use of “Offensive Cyberwar” to attack other nation’s infrastructure. Feel free to provide ‘theoretical’ scenarios and war-gaming actions that would best serve our nation’s efforts for debilitating a foe’s national infrastructure.
20. Starbuck Corporation Case Anaylsis
This week, we will analyze a full-length case study, which is about Starbucks Corporation
With more than 25,000 stores in 75 countries and $21 billion in annual revenues, Starbucks is the largest roaster and retailer of specialty coffee in the world. Howard Schultz’s strategic leadership was critical in turning Starbucks around. He is now hoping that his second retirement from the company he built from the ground up will be his final one. In the meantime, Kevin Johnson, the new CEO, faces several challenges. In particular, the question of maintaining core competencies and how to achieve future growth, both domestically and internationally is central to the case. The case also focuses on diversification, as Starbucks is branching out in new areas such as menu extensions including offering alcohol as well as rolling out coffee bars with high-end offerings such as a $12 cup of coffee.
To-Do List – Week Six: All assignments are required.
- Read Overview of this case
- Reading Assignments: Starbucks Corporation
- Full-length Case assignment: Read ‘Starbucks Corporation’ case, and think about the discussion
- How did Starbucks create its uniqueness in the first place? Why was it so successful (until the mid-2000s)?
- Why and how did Starbucks lose its uniqueness and struggle in the mid-2000s?
- What strategic initiatives did Howard Schultz put in place to re-create Starbucks’ uniqueness after his return in 2008? Detail each strategic initiative. Explain why a specific strategic initiative was successful.
- Is Howard Schultz an effective strategic leader? Why or why not? Buttress your arguments.
- How is Starbucks trying to grow in the future? What are its biggest challenges?
- What recommendations would you give the new Starbucks CEO, Kevin Johnson, to address the challenges identified in Question 5? Be specific.
After reading the case, you are expected to submit a written analysis of the case which ranges from 3-5, typewritten, double-spaced pages. For the analysis, you should conduct additional research on the cases beyond the information provided in the case
*Note add references behind sentences that are used from other sites.
21. Sex Crime Statutes
Research your Louisiana government website to locate information on a recently adopted sex crime statue in this area.
Write a 550- to 700-word paper in which you do the following:
- Provide a brief summary of the statute, including the intended category of sexual offense. Louisiana
- Explain how the statute could impact laws or enforcement in the area.
- Provide a brief history of other statutes that may have led to the creation of the current statute.
- Describe the range of punishments for violation of the law.
- Explain whether the acts identified in the statute are acts that previously were considered accepted practice.
- Explain what made this statute a current precedent and if it was derived from a previous law.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
22. Analysis of Ground Rules
Write a minimum of 3 pages with team experiences you have had in which a team was effective and another in which it was not. Write a description of these teams and their tasks, paying particular attention to the behavioral expectations for which the team members held each other accountable.
- Describe how ground rules help an effective team perform and work well together.
- Analyze prospective differences in ground rules for team members and tensions that may result.
- Analyze how differences in unspoken ground rules and team members’ expectations cause conflict and damage performance.
- Describe the effect of discussing ground rules as a method of team learning.
- Analyze applications of change management principles.
- Describe an effective team from a real-world experience, including the tasks of the team.
- Describe the ground rules applied in an effective team.
- Describe an ineffective team from a real-world experience, including the tasks of the team. Explain the spoken or unspoken ground rules that describe expectations for behavior in an ineffective team.
23. The Epic of Gilgamesh and Monkey
Compare the heroes as kings. Monkey as a king of the monkeys has some things in common with Gilgamesh as a king, e.g. a desire for immortality. When they are good kings,what virtues do they show?Is one of them better than the other? When they are not good kings, what feelings do they share? Who has the greatest flaws as a king?
Please use quotes from the text.
The paper should be in MLA guidelines and be around 1000-1250 words
24. Network Design Executive PowerPoint Presentation
In this assignment you are to submit the Network Design Executive PowerPoint Presentation for the term paper.
This is a persuasive Executive PowerPoint presentation of up to 15 slides that you will present to the Executive Committee of Fiction Corporation.
The PowerPoint must include the following in accordance with Chapter 14 of the text:
1. Title page
2. Executive summary
3. Project goal
4. Project scope
5. Design requirements:
a. Business goals
b. Technical goals
c. User communities and data stores
d. Network applications
6. Current state
of the network
7. Logical design
8. Physical design
9. Results of network design testing
10. Implementation plan with a project schedule
11. Project budget with a return on investment calculation
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
25. Managerial Accounting
Over the last 50 years the financial reporting systems have dramatically changed and will continue to change as the financial world faces changes such as globalization, changing regulations and the increased use of technology. The accounting profession must be ready to not only face these changes but to also adapt to them, providing relevant and reliable information to the many internal and external users of financial and managerial accounting reports.
It is important to understand the difference between managerial and financial accounting reports.
You are the chief executive officer of a multinational corporation that operates wholly owned subsidiaries in several countries. One of the company’s manufacturing plants is located in Europe. As CEO, respond to the following questions in 400-600 words:
- What types of internal and external accounting reports will you use in the process of making decisions?
- How will the reports differ for a multi-national corporation?
26. Resistance and Communication – Walmart
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you: (previous paper is attached)
- Diagnose the reasons for resistance to change.
- Interpret the potential causes of resistance in the organization (WALMART). Identify and describe three (3) potential causes of resistance to your change plan (better benefits and better training and development programs). Identify and describe three (3) potential sources of resistance to your change plan (better benefits and better training and development programs).
- Create a plan for minimizing possible resistance to your change management plan.
- Elaborate on the relationship between resistance to change and communication.
- Evaluate three (3) communication strategies.
- Recommend one (1) communication strategy that would be applicable to your organization (WALMART). Diagnose why this communication strategy is best for your organization.
- Create a solid communication plan for your change initiative.
- Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Note: If you choose to submit a video presentation, please also submit a one (1) page summary of your presentation.
If you choose the written paper, your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
27. Fraud Prevention and Detection Plan
Scenario – You went back to your corporate controllership position with Dingwow Inc. Senior Management has assigned you as the team lead to develop a fraud prevention and detection plan for the company.
Use the Internet, to research the key elements of a fraud prevention and detection program, and prepare a plan.
Write an eight to nine (8 – 9) page paper in which you:
- Evaluate the key elements that should be included in the plan, including a justification as to how the element is likely to protect corporate assets and minimize risk based on your research.
- Create an argument to be presented to the senior leadership in support of a fraud prevention and detection plan, indicating the consequences of failure to implement the plan. Provide support for your argument.
- Create an approach to identify the roles and responsibilities of key personnel in the organization, indicating the significance of each role in the fraud prevention and detection equation. Provide support for your rationale.
- Compare the roles of management, internal auditors, external auditors, governing bodies, and the board of directors, and assess how each can contribute to your fraud prevention and detection plan.
- Evaluate the tools that you would propose to use to make your plan more effective in mitigating or eliminating fraud and how you would justify the risk / reward ratio of each tool recommended.
- Prepare a fraud prevention and detection plan based on your findings, indicating how you would communicate the plan to employees throughout the organization.
- Predict the future occurrences of corporate fraud and the likelihood that it will be detected by regulatory agencies based on your research. Provide support for your rationale.
- Use at least five (5) quality resources in this assignment.
NOTE: Wikipedia and similar Websites do NOT qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with 1” margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
- The cover page containing the title of the assignment, and the reference page are NOT included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Create an approach to implementing a fraud detection plan.
- Research and analyze the impact of fraud on financial reporting within a corporation.
- Examine the role that corporate governance plays in preventing and detecting fraud.
- Research and analyze the impact of fraud prevention and detection using forensic accounting practices.
- Create strategies for communicating the prevention and detection of fraud.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in fraud prevention and detection.
- Write clearly and concisely about fraud prevention and detection using proper writing mechanics.
28. Philosophical explication and analysis of the first chapter of “Being and Some Philosophers” by Etienne Gilson (refer to instructions for specifications).
Prompt: The goal of this essay is to understand and explicate, in your own words, what Gilson has to say in the first chapter. This essay should explain the argument that Gilson makes and comment on the significance of his analysis. In your essay you will be expected to touch on the following three problems:
1. What does Gilson mean by the “existential neutrality” of our conceptual knowledge? How does this frame the problem that Gilson intends to study in “Being and some Philosophers”?
2. What is Parmenides’ answer to the question, “what is being”? How is Plato the heir and continuator of Parmenides?
3. How does plato give rise to the Neo-Platonic “metaphysics of the One”? What problems does such a metaphysics pose for a Christian thinker?
This essay should be 6-8 pages (double spaced), 12 point in the “Times New Roman” font, with one inch margins, plagiarism free, and proofread. Helpful Tip: Gilson’s book is a philosophical analysis of the ways that various philosophers have understood the meaning of being in the Platonic tradition. His goal is to present not a history of metaphysics, but rather a thinking through of the views of several historical philosophers.
29. ChE 230Problem Set 3
- 75 Points. You are to optimize a series of two heat exchangers. The first heat exchanger uses low-pressure steam as a utility. The second heat exchanger uses medium-pressure steam. The third uses high-pressure steam. Together, the heat exchangers must bring a 1.5 kg/s stream of Dowtherm from 25C to 220C. Dowtherm has a heat capacity of 6.0 . Both types of steam enter as a saturated vapor and leave as a saturated liquid (so the utility stream does not change temperature). The following table summarizes the relevant properties:
Heat exchangers are costed by their area. To determine the area, the following design equation must be used
Where is the heat duty, is the overall heat transfer coefficient (, is the area of the heat exchanger, and is the log-mean temperature difference.
See the following diagram for more information.
Heat exchangers are costed according to the following equation
where A is area in m2.
Since there are two intermediate temperatures, this is a multivariable optimization. You are to optimize this system two ways:
- Set , then minimize the EAOC with respect to using golden search. Once you get the optimal, keep that constant, and minimize the EAOC with respect to , again using golden search. Repeat this process once more to see if the optimal temperatures change. This is called a “greedy” optimization. (Greedy because you only look at one variable over all others at a time.) Was this technique effective for this system?
- Use a grid search to minimize the EAOC with respect to both temperatures simultaneously. You can then use solver or fmincon to see how closely the solutions match.
30. Self-Defense Essay for Criminal Law
Instructions: You have been asked to give a lecture to a group of first-time gun owners about self-defense. Explain when force may be used in self-defense. What about deadly force? How will you instruct the session differently if you are in a stand-your-ground jurisdiction? -1000 word minimum, 1500 maximum length. -FORMAT: Set in APA or MLA format, typed in Times New Roman 12-point font, 1” margins, Double-spaced, Spell-checked, and Proofread. -Plagiarism will not be tolerated on any assignment. Always cite your sources. -No images. Create a successful academic prose that is readable, coherent, and grammatically appropriate for the college level. Begin by introducing the topic. (Introduction) You will then use a minimum of three (3) resources to gather facts about the topic. (Body) Finally, you will report your findings. (Conclusion)
When a business is not focused on sustainability, value may be solely determined outside its customers’ interest in green behavior. Suppose a restaurant makes a great-tasting hamburger. Very few of its customers might care whether or not the restaurant engages in green business practices. However, what if there are two restaurants that make equally great-tasting burgers, but one is green while the other is not? Many customers may choose the green business, because the business adds value to its offerings by engaging in sustainable practices. In the case of sustainable products, meaning those products made with an effort to be environmentally and socially responsible, sustainability plays a large role in the customers’ decisions to buy, and tends to be central to the company’s brand.
Identify a Saudi business that may not yet be focused on sustainability. Suppose this company decides it would like to deliver products that are more socially, environmentally, and economically superior. In a 4-5 page paper, not including the cover and reference pages, present the company with the total value proposition from a sustainability perspective. In that total value proposition, include a discussion of use values and nonuse values for the business’ green products. How should the business determine WTP, WTA, or consumer surplus? Your required readings this week provide insight which will aid you in your analysis. Make sure to cite and reference any information gleaned from those documents. Additionally, include two current and scholarly sources beyond the course materials and readings to support your analysis. Current sources are those published in the most recent five years. Scholarly sources come from peer’s reviewed journals. Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standards and APA style guidelines, citing references as appropriate.
32. Capital Financing
Does financial innovation in health care improve productivity and consumer welfare the way technological innovation does? Why or why not?
33. Healthcare and Macroeconomics
Which of the factors given below is more important in determining how much to spend on medical care:
- How sick people are.
- How much money is available.
Who should be determining which factor is more important? Why?
34. STAT 3502 C – Assignment 2 Carleton University Winter 2019
1. (5 points) Let X be a positive and continuous random variable for which E[X] exists. Show that: E[X] = Z ∞ 0 (1 − F(x))dx, where F is the cdf of X.
2. Customers arrive at a checkout counter in a department store according to a Poisson distribution. Let X be the number of customers arrivals during a one-hour period such that X ∼ P oisson(λ),
(a) (4 points) Show that Var(X) = λ.
(b) Let λ = 7. During a given hour, what are the probabilities that:
i. (4 points) no more than three customers arrive?.
ii. (4 points) at least two customers arrive?.
iii. (4 points) exactly five customers arrive?.
3. (6 points) Past experience shows that the number of accidents per month is modelled by a random variable N with p(n) = P(N = n) = 1/ (n + 1)(n + 2),
where n = 0, 1, 2, …. Calculate the probability of at least one accident during a particular month, given that there have been at most five accidents during that month.
4. (6 points) The annual rainfall (in inches) is normally distributed with µ = 40 and σ = 4. Assuming rainfalls are independent from year to year, what is the probability that starting with this year, it will take more than 10 years before a year occurs having a rainfall of over 50 inches?
5. Headway time (HT) (in seconds) in a traffic flow (time elapsed between the passage by a fixed point of two successive cars) has pdf f(x) = αλα (λ + x) α+1 , where x ≥ 0, α > 0, and λ > 0.
(a) (4 points) Check this actually is a pdf.
(b) (4 points) Compute HT’s cdf.
(c) Let α = 0.5 and λ = 10
i. (4 points) What is the probability of HT above 7 sec.
ii. (4 points) What is the probability of HT between 2 and 6 sec?
iii. (5 points) Find an expression of the (100p)th percentile.
iv. (4 points) Find the HT’s median.
v. (4 points) 75% of the HT are below which value?
6. (6 points) * A baseball team has scheduled its opening game for April 1. If it rains on April 1, the game is postponed and will be played on the next day that it does not rain. The team purchases insurance against rain. The policy will pay 1000 for each day, up to 2 days, that the opening game is postponed. The insurance company determines that the number of consecutive days of rain beginning on April 1 is a Poisson random variable with mean 0.7. What is the standard deviation of the amount the insurance company will have to pay?
7. (6 points) Suppose you throw a die and say that you have success if you get 5 or 6. You want to get two such successes. What is the probability that you need exactly 10 tries for this?
8. Suppose that 25% of all students at a large public university receive financial aid. If 65 students are sampled,
(a) (5 points) What is the probability that at most 10 of them receive aid? (Use normal approximation to binomial).
(b) (5 points) What is the approximate probability that between 5 and 15 (inclusive) receive aid.
9. In an assembly-line production of industrial robots, gearbox assembles can be installed in 1 minute each if holes have been properly drilled in the boxes and in 10 minutes if the holes must be redrilled. Twenty gearboxes are in stock, 2 with improperly drilled holes. Five gearboxes must be selected from the 20 that are available for installation in the next five robots.
(a) (5 points) Find the probability that all 5 gearboxes will fit properly.
(b) (5 points) Find the mean, variance and standard deviation of the time it takes to install these 5 gearboxes. (Hint: Denote by X the number of improperly drilled gearboxes in the sample of 5, determine the distribution of X, and represent the total time as a function of X.)
10. (6 points) The number of years a certain type of TV functions is exponentially distributed with an average lifetime of 6 years. If Jones buys a used TV (3-year old, say), what is the probability that it will be working after an additional 6 years? (Comment: You will find that this probability is the same as the probability that the TV will function after 6 years from the beginning. That is, the TV does not actually get old. This is the so-called memoryless property of exponential distribution.)
Problems marked by a star are inspired from old actuarial exams.
35. ITS 835 Enterprise Risk Assessment
Final Research Paper
Write a research paper on the topic: What are the main drivers for successful ERM implementations in organizations?
Your research paper should be minimally 6 pages (double space, Font – Georgia with font size 12). The research paper needs to refer to the following sources
- Rubino, M. (2018). A comparison of the Main ERM frameworks: Howq Limitations and Weakness can be Overcome Implementing IT GOvernance. Internation Journal of Business and Management, 13(12).
- In addition the research paper needs to minimally refer to 3 peer reviewedq journal papers
The following case studies from your book need to be referenced in your research paper
- Chapter 30, “Alleged Corruption at Chessfield: Corporate Governance and theq Risk Oversight Role of the Board of Directors”
- Chapter 31, “Operational Risk Management Case Study: Bon Boulangerie”q
- Chapter 34, “Turning Crisis into Opportunity: Building an ERM Program atq General Motors”
- In addition you need to refer to at least two other case studies that we haveq covered so far in the course
The research needs to minimally discuss the role of the following factors in successful ERM implementations
- Corporate governance
- Risk frameworks such as COSO, ISO 31000q
- Information Technology
- Operational factors
Please do not describe the case studies from the book but focus on elaborating on key points and examples from the case studies that support the research topic.
The bibliography should be included as a separate page and is not part of the 6 page requirement. Student assignments will be run through Safe Assignment. Please ensure to check the safe assignment result prior to submitting
36. HCM 4025
E-prescribing is the transmission of prescription or prescription-related information using electronic media between a prescriber, dispenser, pharmacy benefit manager, or health plan, either directly or through an intermediary, including an e-prescribing network.
In an effort to understand the benefits and cautions about e-prescribing, conduct thorough research. For your assignment, create a 4- to 5-page report in Microsoft Word document consisting of your research findings covering your responses to the following questions:
- Evaluate three pros and three cons of e-prescribing.
- Summarize the e-prescription standards as described by the National Council for Prescription Drug Programs.
- Evaluate the projected cost and time savings as estimated by the United States Department of Health and Human Services.
- Comment on the controversy surrounding the 2013 e-prescribing penalty.
Use the following resources, and 2 outside resources and your text book for this assignment.
Ratanawongsa, N., Lenny L. S. Chan, Fouts, M. M., & Murphy, E. J. (2017). The challenges of electronic health records and diabetes electronic prescribing: Implications for safety net care for diverse populations. Journal of Diabetes Research, 2017 doi:10.1155/2017/8983237
Juszczyk, D., Charlton, J., McDermott, L., Soames, J., Sultana, K., Ashworth, M., . . . Gulliford, M. C. (2016). Electronically delivered, multicomponent intervention to reduce unnecessary antibiotic prescribing for respiratory infections in primary care: A cluster randomized trial using electronic health records-REDUCE trial study original protocol. BMJ Open, 6(8) doi:http://dx.doi.org.southuniversity.libproxy.edmc.edu/10.1136/bmjopen-2015-010892
Support your responses with examples in a 3-6 page APA formatted Word Document. Include an introduction and conclusion. Cite any sources in APA format.
Assignment 3: Course Project Task XII
It’s now time to complete your dissertation paper. In the previous modules, you tried different statistical analyses as possible approaches for your final prospectus.
Now, submit your Final Prospectus Project including a cover page and the following subheadings:
An abstract of the prospectus project.
Introduction: A one-page overview of the background theory, definitions, and questions for the study.
Goals: A one-page summary of specific goals and hypotheses for the study.
Sampling and sample size: In one to
two pages, describe your sample size and the sample. Address the following
Who, how, and how many?
How did you come to these decisions?
How does your proposed sample size relate to the planned power?
Operational definitions of variables
included in your study, which are as follows.
Independent variables (IVs): What they are and how are they measured or defined in the actual research operations of your study? For example, what exactly are the treatments being compared? Give specifics of how they vary in such things as intensity, content, and length and cite supportive references for background information including the effect sizes. This will depend on the number and types of IVs and levels or categories of each.
Dependent variables (DVs): What they are and how are they measured in the actual research operations of your study? How was the measurement technique developed? What are the reliabilities, validities (citing supportive resources), and level of measurement of each measure? Is the resulting score a single item score or a composite score? How do you interpret the score? Are there norms available for interpreting the score? What were the known relationships between and among the measures prior to your data collection? Are there covariates (CVs) you plan to use? If so, how are these measured and what are all the details of these measures (repeat all the questions for the DVs)? This again will depend on the number of DVs. However, sufficient information should be given for each to answer all these questions. This could take several pages.
Procedures: Detail exactly how you plan to develop measurements (if not already developed) and to obtain participants or observations. How are your procedures compatible with ethical and legal standards of research including institutional review board (IRB) expectations? (This could be two pages long if no new development instrument is being developed, but it could be longer if you need to detail such things as these procedures and the establishment of reliability.)
Results: Detail your plans for using statistical analyses to evaluate each of your research questions or hypotheses. How will you assemble and prepare your data for SPSS analysis? Given your statistical analysis(es), how will you do such things as screen data, make any necessary modifications in the database, and compute composite scores, if necessary? How will you proceed with your statistical analysis(es)? Give sample outcome tables (with dummy data) that would be part of what you would be presenting if you were reporting this as actual study results. Depending on the study and the statistical methods used, this could be two to three pages long for each question or hypothesis. However, this is variable.
Discussion: Point out possible limitations or problems with your design and any ideas for ways to improve on them. (This could be, at most, two pages long.)
Appendix: Include copies of your test instruments and/or other supporting information.
Your Final Prospectus Project should be of 10–15 pages (plus Appendix, if included). Present it in Microsoft Word. Name your file R7034_M7_A3_LastName_FirstInitial.doc. Submit it to theSubmissions Area by the due date assigned.
Note: Your facilitator will assign you one research proposal submitted by a classmate for peer review in Module 8.
All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
Assignment 3 Grading Criteria Maximum Points Provided an introduction with an adequate summary of the introductory background theory, definitions, and questions for the study.8Identified and described specific goals and hypotheses for the study8Described and justified sampling and sample size.12Identified and operationally defined all variables to be used or measured in the study and addressed relevant questions for IVs and DVs12Analyzed and described a plan to develop measurements and explained how the procedures are compatible with IRB expectations16Identified and justified statistical analyses to be used to evaluate each of the research questions or hypotheses.16Provided a discussion of possible limitations or problems with the design.16Included flawless copies of test instruments, projected assignment activities with a timeline, and/or other supporting information.12Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources, displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.4Total:104
38. Research Paper
Develop a Complete Disaster Recovery Plan to be submitted to the executive board of your company.
Only MS Word (.doc, .docx) and Adobe Acrobat (PDF) formats are acceptable.
Please note that this is a formal writing, all references (peer-reviewed) mostly must be cited appropriately within the text and clearly avoid plagiarism.
The paper should have a minimum of 10 pages, 1.5 spacing and Times New Roman font.
A minimum of 5 peer review references must be provided. Reference style is APA.
With also 10 slides of PPT. Slides may also contain visuals and/or graph content to enhance your presentation. Include speaker notes of at least 50 words per slide. Use 12-point Times New Roman and APA citations and reference page.
Discussion Topic 1
During the Great Recession of 2008–2009, (1) what actions would have been required of Congress and the President had a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution been ratified? (2) What impact would that have had on the unemployment rate?
Discussion Topic 2 Explain how decr
Discussion Topic 2
Explain how decreased domestic investments that occur due to a budget deficit will affect future economic growth.
Assignment 2: Prospectus Project Task XI
Planning Discriminant Analysis or Logistic Regression Analysis
In this project task, you will formulate a research question for your study that would be compatible with the use of either a discriminant analysis or logistic regression analysis of selected data.
For this assignment, write a response to the following points:
- Identify one dependent variable (DV) or criterion variable and three predictor variables from your selected variable set that would fit the requirements of discriminant analysis or logistic regression analysis. Create new variables if you don’t have exactly what you would need to do this type of analysis.
- State your research question in a manner compatible with the selected type of classification analysis.
- Elaborate on your design for using
discriminant analysis or logistic regression analysis for your study.
Describe and justify the methods you propose for each of the following
(discuss any possible concerns or limitations in the proposed methods):
- Determining sufficient sample size: Specify considerations for the selected alpha level, desired power, desired effect size, and the validation checks you may plan.
- Selecting a sample: How would you ensure representativeness?
- Performing statistical analyses: Include the method to be used and validation checks.
- Screening data and evaluating assumptions: Are any data transformations or modifications required? If yes, describe.
- Interpreting the outcomes in relation to the stated hypothesis(es).
Present the response in Microsoft Word. Name the file R7034_M7_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc and submit it to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned.
Through the end of the module, review your partner’s research question description and design for using a discriminant analysis or logistic regression analysis. Post a response addressing the following points:
- What are the challenges and strengths in the design of your partner?
- How does the design promote sample representativeness?
- What are your thoughts about the proposed sample size?
- How will the methods for analyses serve the goals of the study?
All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
Assignment 2 Grading CriteriaMaximum PointsAccurately identified one DV or criterion variable and three predictor variables that would fit the requirements of discriminant analysis or logistic regression analysis.8Accurately identified and described the research question for design in a manner compatible with the selected type of classification analysis.8Determined a procedure for planning a sample size appropriate to the scope of the study and the alpha level8Identified and clearly described any concerns or limitations of the plan.8Determined a procedure for sample selection consistent with the underlying assumptions of representativeness and identified any concerns and limitations in the plan.8Identified and justified the classification analysis method to be used and described a technique for validating the results.8Determined a procedure for data screening and the evaluation of assumptions and described any data transformations or modifications required.8Justified a method for interpreting outcomes in relation to the stated hypothesis(es).8Evaluated and critiqued partner’s plans indicating strengths and limitations in the design, sample size, sample selection, and the chosen method of analysis.16Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources, displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
41. Costing Method
- Use the Internet to research the annual report of at least one (1) merchandising company. Determine which costing method (Last In First Out [LIFO], First In First Out [FIFO], or weighted average cost) that is used to record inventory by your selected company.
- Identify the three (3) primary advantages and three (3) primary disadvantages of using the costing method (LIFO, FIFO, and weighted average) that is used to record inventory.
- Provide support for your response.
Click hereto read the health care workforce shortage and its implications on America’s hospitals, at the American Hospitals Association’s (AHA) website.
Select a hospital, which is not more than two hours away from your place of residence. Based on your readings and understanding, create a 5- to 6-page report in a Microsoft Word document, that includes:
A plan for a rural, medium-sized hospital to deal with short- and long-term workforce shortages.
Your plan should include the following elements:
- Problem description of the healthcare workforce shortage and its
- The aspects that need immediate attention and aspects that need long-term attention
- Provide a rationale on why these aspects need attention
- A description of the financial implications for these issues
- Evaluation of alternatives with an explanation of the risks associated with these problems
- Your recommendations to solve these problems
- An explanation of the methods to measure the success of the plan
- A description of the next steps, if the plan failed
- Reference list
To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
- Your assignment should be addressed in an 5- to 6-page document.
43. Business Forum
Please review this ted talk.
Based on what you read in the text, in at least 150 words, discuss three things you agree with or disagree with, or a mix of agree/disagree.
Use at least three key terms in bold from your text in your post.
Assignment 1: SPSS Discriminant Analysis
While regression analysis evaluates the ability of multiple predictor variables to predict values on a single continuous variable, discriminant analysis evaluates the ability of multiple predictor variables to predict classification on a single categorical variable. Discriminant analysis can also be viewed as the reverse of a MANOVA: In MANOVA, the IVs are the groups and the DVs are the predictors. In DA, the IVs are the predictors and the DVs are the groups. (In order to avoid semantic confusion, it’s easier to refer to IVs as the predictors—or discriminating variables—and to DVs as the grouping variables.)
The emphases of MANOVA and DA are different. While MANOVA seeks to find a linear combination of variables that will maximize the test statistic, DA is used to establish the linear combination of dependent variables that maximally discriminates among groups. DA is used to predict membership in naturally occurring groups and to determine if a combination of variables can reliably predict group membership. Several variables are included in a study to see which ones best contribute to the discrimination between groups.
As with factor analysis, discriminant functions are identified through the analysis, but it remains for the researcher to provide a meaningful interpretation and labeling of these.
Use the Discussion Area to ask for help in completing the tasks from your classmates and the facilitator; likewise, offer your suggestions to those asking for help. Participating in this community of scholars will help you clarify processes, solve problems, and gain the immediate reinforcement you need to quickly solidify gains that you’re making in working with multiple variables and advanced statistics.
the Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS) data file created in
M6: Assignment 1. Use the following variables:
Create a Grouping Criterion Variable: Using the continuous data for Number of Previous Hospitalizations, transform this into categorical data by assigning patients to different categorical groups. You will add a new variable to your data file, which indicates which group each case falls into. For example, use the descriptive statistics and frequency information for the number of hospitalizations to decide your cut-offs for scores to define each group and then to assign patients to a group such as Group 1 (lower number of hospitalizations), Group 2 (medium number of hospitalizations), and Group 3 (higher number of hospitalizations) or you may consider quartiles, a median split, and dividing by standard deviation units. Justify your method.
Select five (or more, if justified) continuous variables to use as predictor variables for your analysis. Briefly justify your choices.
Conduct a discriminant analysis of these data. Use the same methods and choices found in the textbook’s sample study. Include tests for homogeneity of group variances.
Save the SPSS file as R7034_M7_A1_LastName_FirstInitial.sav.
Prepare a two- to three-page (plus Appendix for tables) response, which presents a summary report of the following information:
- State a research question that could be studied using the specified variables for a discriminant analysis.
- Report the results of prescreens for the missing data, multivariate outliers (Mahalanobis distance), univariate normality, and linearity (bivariate scatter plots). Indicate if any transformations or other decisions are required.
- In your Appendix, report group descriptive statistics, analysis of variance (ANOVA) summary tables, summary of steps, eigenvalues, Wilks’ lambda table, standardized discriminant function coefficients, cannonical correlation or structure matrix, classification of results, and discriminant function means.
- Summarize the results of the discriminant analysis, including an interpretation of discriminant functions. Compare the outcomes in terms of the research question.
Create your response in Microsoft Word. Name your file R7034_M7_A1_LastName_FirstInitial.doc. Submit your response to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned.
All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources.
Assignment 1 Grading CriteriaMaximum PointsCorrectly created a nominal variable for number of hospitalizations and assigned cases to each group.4Identified and justified choice of continuous variables to use as predictor variables for the DA.4Accurately interpreted the results of prescreens for the missing data, multivariate outliers, univariate normality, and linearity.8Conducted discriminant analysis and reported the results correctly for group descriptive statistics, ANOVA summary tables, summary of steps, eigenvalues, Wilks’ lambda table, standardized discriminant function coefficients, correlation coefficients or structure matrix, classification of results, and discriminant function means.36Presented an informative narrative summary of the analysis.24Participated actively in the Discussion Area by asking for or providing clarification of a response, addressing gaps, offering suggestions, and asking for help, as needed.8Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources, displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.4Total:88
45. PURPOSE-DRIVEN MARKETING Portfolio Essay
- MARKETING STRATEGY. Imagine you work at a large multi-brand company of your choosing (e.g., Apple, Nestle, Unilever). (a) BRAND DEVELOPMENT STRATEGIES. Imagine you are hired as a Brand Manager for any one brand at the company. Name the brand (e.g., iPhone). Using the slide titled “4 Brand Development Strategies,” detail 4 pathways to grow the Brand. (i) LINE EXTENSION. (ii) BRAND EXTENSION. (iii) MULTIBRAND. (iv) NEW BRAND. (v) Rank order the anticipated success of these 4 strategies and explain your reasoning. (b) BUSINESS GROWTH STRATEGIES. Flash forward a few years, imagine you are now promoted to a Vice President position for a region of your choosing. Name the region (e.g., USA). Using the slide titled “4 Strategies for Growing Businesses,” detail 4 pathways to grow the Company. (i) MARKET PENETRATION. (ii) PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT. (iii) MARKET DEVELOPMENT. (iv) DIVERSIFICATION. (v) Rank order the anticipated success of these 4 strategies and explain your reasoning.
- PURPOSE-DRIVEN INNOVATION. Think of a purpose-driven innovation in each of the following market categories: (a) TRANSPORTATION, (b) FOOD AND BEVERAGES, and (c) PERSONAL CARE. Within each category, answer these questions. (i) CATEGORY INNOVATION. Describe the status quo in the product category, your purpose, and your innovation. (ii) TARGET MARKET. Identify the consumer segment who will be the most likely to value your category innovation. Use demographic, geographic, psychographic, and/or behavioral variables to define this segment. (iii) ANTICIPATED RESPONSE. Anticipate the response and resistance to your innovation from other relevant stakeholders (e.g., activists, employees, communities, governments, journalists). (iv) PROMOTION MIX. Explain how you would promote this innovation to ensure that it is a success. The slide entitled “Promotion Mix” could serve as a checklist of options.
- MAKING THE PITCH. A key step in any marketing project is pitching your ideas to your colleagues, bosses, partners, and funders. Watch any 3 pitches from the TV show Shark Tank on YouTube. You just need to watch the pitch, not the investor negotiations. (a) LINKS. List weblinks for the 3 pitches you selected. (b) THE LEAST EFFECTIVE. In your opinion, which pitch was the least effective and why? If you were to redo the least effective pitch, what would you do differently? (c) THE MOST EFFECTIVE. Which pitch was the most effective and why? If you were to redo the most effective pitch to make it even better, what would you do differently? (d) PITCHING EXPERIENCE. Describe any experience you have had pitching a new idea to a tough audience and what you learned from the experience. (e) MY PITCH. As an entrepreneur, you are seeking venture capital for a new business idea. Please write a short elevator pitch.
- CAREER ADVANCEMENT. Find 5 different job ads (internships or permanent jobs) in marketing or other business areas that interest you. Aim for as much variety as possible. At least one of these jobs should be at a global company (e.g., Nestle, P&G, Unilever, etc.). At least one of these jobs should be at a relatively small company in NYC. (a) JOB ADS. Provide web links to the descriptions of each of these 5 jobs. (b) VALUES-BASED SELECTION. Which of these jobs most closely aligns with your personal values and how? (c) LIKELY HURDLES. Identify all the educational, experiential, psychological, and practical hurdles you might face in securing these jobs. (d) MY NEXT STEPS. Enumerate the steps that you are going to take to overcome these hurdles and get these jobs in the next few months.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT. (a) COURSE SLIDES. From all the slides discussed in the course so far, elaborate on 3 course slides that could be helpful for your personal or professional goals. Describe when, where, and/or how you might use the slide. (b) CHARACTER STRENGTHS. Describe 3 character strengths that you think you have improved upon during this course. Describe where you used to be, how you have progressed, and how you hope to develop next. (c) WELL-BEING PILLARS. Do the pillars of well-being exercise. Identify at least 3 actionable insights you learn about your current circumstances.
Directions for Portfolios
Each portfolio consists of five projects. The recommended word count is at minimum 1000 words per project (or 5000 per portfolio). The projects are purposefully open to customization. Students are free to make adaptations to match their specific career interests.
Evaluation criteria. The grade is determined as follows: 50% for completion + 50% for quality. What constitutes high quality in business is necessarily defined by competition. That said, here are some typical quality markers:
- readability; shorter sentences are generally clearer than longer ones
- logic; all of the assumptions and arguments make sense
- concepts and frameworks from the slides and beyond (e.g., Changing Minds)
- all concepts and frameworks are explained before they are applied
- several different sources of data and insights from appropriate sources
- useful examples to illustrate the key points
- no long quotes, which signal an inability to synthesize
- elegant presentation, including clear organization and consistent formatting
- conceptual illustrations (e.g., process maps, comparison tables)
- photographs or other images that provide evidence or animate key ideas
Examples. Students who have limited exposure to professional business reports are encouraged to review examples before producing their own.
- Sample business trends report
- Sample consumer trend report
- Sample industry trend report
- Sample market research report
- Sample market outlook report
- Sample student work
Submission checklist. Consider these items before you submit:
- Does your cover page include your own name?
- Does your table of contents list page numbers for each project?
- Does each project begin on a new page?
- Are your sources cited in the text and referenced in a works cited page?
- Do your citations/references use a standard format (e.g., MLA)?
- Is most of the text in a readable 10-12 font size?
- Is your text single-spaced like most professional reports?
- Is each part clearly numbered (1, 2, 3…/a, b, c…/i, ii, iii…)?
- Is each part clearly titled to help guide the reader?
- Have you run a spelling and grammar check?
46. Movie Critical Review
Watch the following film and write a 2-page reaction paper/review.
Salt of the Earth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3VPWmqaOb4
47. Case Study
APA STYLE- 2 Pages
Synthesis: Suggest ways to improve/strengthen your chosen solution (may use information not contained within the scenario). Scenario: Security at All Pine Medical Center.
a. Identify concepts and ideas from multiple sources that improve or strengthen your solution.
b. Identify any new found information and the impact that new information may or may not have on your solution.
c. Identify potential missing information and the impact that missing information may or may not have on your solution.
48. Macro Econ Discussion
Go to the internet and find a news article published within the last three months that discusses balancing the federal budget of the U.S. and fiscal policy, summarize key points and post in the Discussions area. Discuss the current level of the Federal budget deficit and the implications of the deficit. Support a proposal for addressing these concerns.
Reflection – the students also should include a paragraph in the initial response in their own words reflecting on specifically what they learned from the assignment and how they think they could apply what they learned in the workplace.
49. Research Paper
Develop a Complete Disaster Recovery Plan to be submitted to the executive board of your company.
The paper should have a minimum of 10 pages and APA format. A minimum of 5 peer reviewed references in APA.
50. “Nike Sweatshops: Behind The Swoosh” (300 Words) Reflection
Watch the videos below and write a 300-word individual reflection discussing two most poignant/surprising things you learned from this video. You can focus on Jim Keady’s story and mission, any new perspectives this opens for you, and how the issue connects with international business (law) and corporate social responsibility.
In this video, Jim Keady, a renowned speaker on social injustice, recounts his experience living in Indonesia for a month on Nike sweatshop worker wages.
Using your Beyond the Book Guide, course materials, and online resources, assume the role of the office manager and provide the following information for your staff to ensure they understand the electronic record keeping systems used in the medical office. What is a practice management system (PMS) used for in a medical office? How is a PMS related to an electronic health record (EHR) system? Name 2 uses for computers and software programs in a medical office in addition to the electronic health record entries and explain what is meant by a computer back up and why it is important in a medical office. What is meant by supply chain management and why is it important in a healthcare organization?